Tuesday, October 15, 2024

An Update

 Shiyo. It is with a heavy heart that I write to let you all know that Cherokee High School was informed on Monday, August 19th that Appalachian State has ended the Gadugi Partnership as it has existed for the last 11 years. On Wednesday, August 21st I was informed that I am no longer the program director, that the three Cherokee history classes I have taught will no longer be offered, and that the Gadugi Partnership budget is now $0. To the Cherokee community I would like to give my eternal gratitude for the opportunity to work in your community and for the chance to work with the amazing young people of Cherokee High School. To the faculty and administrators at Cherokee High School, thank you for all the support and the many, many kindnesses you have shown me and my family over these last 11 years. Most importantly, to my current and former students, please know that this changes nothing between us. I love you all and I will always be here for you. Thank you all. Go Braves!



No comments:

Post a Comment